I’ve been trying to hash out my goals for this year, and I’ve come up with several categories: spiritual life, parenting, personal finance, reading, writing, gardening, cooking, and sustainability. Maybe I’m being overly ambitious? I’m going to try to keep the goals very simple, though, which is something I’m not very good at – keeping things simple. Here’s what I have so far…
1. Spiritual life
· Read my bible three times per week. This doesn’t sound like a lot, but right now I’m doing it a lot less than that!
· Be more organized about planning out the day.
3. Personal finance
· Save half the money needed to buy a new (to us) vehicle (about $5000). This is a little ambitious, but our largest car – a 1995 Honda Accord – will likely not work for us at some point in the near future when it needs an expensive repair or our family outgrows it. We just want to be prepared if/when one of those things happens!
· Eat out no more than once per week. We’re almost there, but we really need to renew our commitment to this.
· Re-read the Aeneid.
· Read Don Quixote for the first time.
· Write 500 words per day. I set a goal earlier this year to write something daily, so I want to up the ante.
· Start earlier this year.
· Learn more about canning/buy a pressure canner.
· Make sourdough bread.
· Learn how to lactoferment.
· Continue to seek out more local food sources.
· Reduce plastic consumption.
Many of these categories overlap, and most of the goals need to be fleshed out further to form a plan of action. So I will be working on that over the next couple of weeks!
Are any of you working on similar goals?